Authentication and Identity Security plus BeyondCorp overview - Week 7 of Cyber Talk Radio
Authentication & Identity Security plus BeyondCorp overview - Week 7 of Cyber Talk Radio
Our guest this week was Paul Querna, CTO at ScaleFT.
This past Saturday, November 5th, the seventh episode of Cyber Talk Radio hit the airwaves on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming.
Paul joined us in studio on a visit from San Francisco to discuss authentication and identity in a modern world where secure perimeters are gone. In the first half of the show, we go over triple the A’s (authentication, access control and audits), identity with usernames and passwords.The conversation focused on one of the key ways that security breaches happen - when an attacker gets your credentials and uses them the wrong way. There are three parts to controlling access to your accounts:
- Who you are (username and password)
- Authorization on what you are allowed to access
- How you distribute access/authorization.
In the second half of the show, we discuss the future of how you should secure your business with identifying users and customizing access to specific apps. Also, Paul gives best practices on what to look for when keeping your business safe and secure.
This is an exciting time where people and businesses are changing the way authentication security works and how to make it better!
For more information on BeyondCorp and other helpful identity and authentication management resources, go to:
- Betting on BeyondCorp and Chromebooks
- BeyondCorp: A New Approach to Enterprise Security (Abstract)
- BeyondCorp: A New Approach to Enterprise Security (Full paper - PDF download)
- IETF Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) Working Group Archive
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream.
Past episodes are also posted on our YouTube channel.
Text program summaries are available on the Cyber Talk Radio web site archive page.
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security with John Engates, CTO of Rackspace
- Human Hacking & Social Engineering with Tom DeSot, CIO of Digital Defense
- Healthcare Data Privacy & HIPAA Security with David Schulz, executive director at Cyber Risk Associates
Upcoming episodes – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
- November 12, 2016: Application security with John Dickson and Dan Cornell, Principals at Denim Group
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.
About Cyber Talk Radio
Cyber Talk Radio is a 1200 WOAI radio show that airs every Saturday at 11:00 p.m. The weekly show hosted by Bret Piatt, CEO at Jungle Disk, will feature guest speakers to discuss cloud computing, cybersecurity and Internet trends facing businesses in industries such as healthcare, financial services, legal and real estate. As a major Cyber City in the U.S. and home to over 80 information security companies, San Antonio is an ideal city to host Cyber Talk Radio and educate local businesses and listeners. To learn more about Cyber Talk Radio, request a topic or submit to be a guest speaker, visit http://www.cybertalkradio.com/.