San Antonio Cyber City, USA - Week 11 of Cyber Talk Radio
San Antonio, Cyber City USA - Week 11 of Cyber Talk Radio
Our guest this week was Jim Perschbach, EVP of Biz Development at Port San Antonio.
This past Saturday, December 3, the eleventh episode of Cyber Talk Radio hit the airwaves on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming.
Jim Perschbach, EVP of Biz Development at Port San Antonio joined the show to discuss San Antonio as a leading Cyber City in the USA.
In the first half of the show, Jim joins the show to discuss San Antonio’s cybersecurity history and what is going on at Port San Antonio. Jim dives into how and why Port San Antonio was created, goals of its cybersecurity efforts and what’s to come over the next decade. San Antonio is well positioned to be a leader within the cybersecurity space and needs to continue to evolve with the rapidly moving technology industry.
In the second half of the show, we discuss the career transition moving from private sector to public sector and the talent and skills gap in the cybersecurity industry. Jim walks the listeners through several different programs available to the local community to help identify needs of companies hiring, provide training and facilitate certification. These programs are especially beneficial for anyone coming out of the private sector. Some of the programs recommended are:
We encourage anyone interested in getting into the cybersecurity space to visit the links above and get involved in the training and certification programs. Lots of exciting things going on in Cyber City San Antonio!
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream.
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Healthcare Data Privacy & HIPAA Security with David Schulz, executive director at Cyber Risk Associates
- Authentication and Identity Security with Paul Querna at ScaleFT
- Application Security aka AppSec with John Dickson and Dan Cornell at Denim Group
- Security is a Team Sport with Omar Quimbaya at Def Logix
- Incident Management and Response with Robert Autenrieth at J. Nels Consulting, LLC
Upcoming episodes – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
- Episode 12, December 10, 2016: Accelerating Cybersecurity Innovation in San Antonio with Will Garrett at Build Sec Foundry
- Episode 13, December 17, 2016: Cyber Workforce and Economic Development in San Antonio with Joe Sanchez at CyberTexas Foundation
- Episode 14, December 24, 2016: Securing Cloud Data Services with Kenny Gorman at eventador.io
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.