Cyber Talk Radio: Accelerating Cybersecurity Innovation
Accelerating Cybersecurity Innovation in San Antonio - Week 12 of Cyber Talk Radio
Our guest this week was Will Garrett, executive director at Build Sec Foundry.
This past Saturday, December 3, the 12th episode of Cyber Talk Radio hit the air on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming. Will joined the show to discuss Build Sec Foundry and accelerating cybersecurity innovation in San Antonio.
In the first half of the show, Will gives an overview of Build Sec Foundry, a new product-based cybersecurity incubator, what they are doing to help security startups and military veterans in the San Antonio community and how they are supporting the growing military talent pipeline locally. Did you know that University of Texas at San Antonio is one of the top ranked cybersecurity programs in the country? Even with all of the leading cybersecurity university programs in San Antonio, there is still a talent gap that needs to be filled. Will highlights that San Antonio has the opportunity to grow as an ecosystem nationally and affect the global security market.
In the second half of the show, we discuss the future of the San Antonio cybersecurity ecosystems. Where can a city like San Antonio go over a 20 year evolution? As a community, we have the opportunity to figure out how think differently about how the private sector interacts the public sector, the academic environment and the military to build innovation and talent for local companies. The ultimate goal is to build San Antonio as a security center of excellence with long-term education pipeline, talent development and engagement with students at all levels to develop a cybersecurity career path. We have an exciting future ahead!
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream. Replays are available via the below podcast services:
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Healthcare Data Privacy & HIPAA Security with David Schulz, executive director at Cyber Risk Associates
- Authentication and Identity Security with Paul Querna at ScaleFT
- Application Security aka AppSec with John Dickson and Dan Cornell at Denim Group
- Security is a Team Sport with Omar Quimbaya at Def Logix
- Incident Management and Response with Robert Autenrieth at J. Nels Consulting, LLC
- San Antonio, Cyber City USA with Jim Perschbach at Port San Antonio
Upcoming episodes – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
- Episode 13, December 17, 2016: Cyber Workforce and Economic Development in San Antonio with Joe Sanchez at CyberTexas Foundation
- Episode 14, December 24, 2016: Securing Cloud Data Services with Kenny Gorman at eventador.io
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.