Cyber Talk Radio: Securing Cloud Data Services
Securing Cloud Data Services - Week 14 of Cyber Talk Radio
Our guest this week was Kenny Gorman, founder at eventador.io.
In the first half of the show, Kenny discusses cybersecurity in an increasingly data driven world. Real-time data - what is it, how do you store and use it? Real-time data is used in our daily lives for online banking and mobile applications. It has its advantages but can have security implications if not protected appropriately. As consumers, we are generating more and more data as we use our mobile devices and continue to adopt the Internet of Things. As we increase the amount of data that we consume, we want to make sure it’s stored safely and that we can access it in a seamless and quick manner. Kenny gives best practices on how to secure modern data stores and how it has evolved over the years. An example, Apache Kafta, learn what it is and how you might be able to use it.
In the second half of the show, Kenny digs deeper into the security implications of data stores and the responsibility of businesses that are collecting massive amounts of consumer data. Is your IT vendor keeping your data safe? Tip: Ask your vendors and suppliers where they are storing your data, how they are storing it and what are they doing for data security. Kenny also talks through backing up your data stores and how to do it securely. Watch the replay to learn more data security tips.
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream. Replays are available via the below podcast services:
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Application Security aka AppSec with John Dickson and Dan Cornell at Denim Group
- Security is a Team Sport with Omar Quimbaya at Def Logix
- Incident Management and Response with Robert Autenrieth at J. Nels Consulting, LLC
- San Antonio, Cyber City USA with Jim Perschbach at Port San Antonio
- Accelerating Cybersecurity Innovation in San Antonio with Will Garrett at Build Sec Foundry
- Cyber Workforce and Economic Development in San Antonio with Joe Sanchez at CyberTexas Foundation
Upcoming episode – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
- Episode 15, December 31, 2016: Investigating Cyber Crimes with Ed Shaw, former FBI Agent and CIPP
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.