Cyber Talk Radio: Codeup Develops Responsible Programmers
Codeup’s Approach to Developing Responsible Programmers - Week 28 of Cyber Talk Radio
This past Saturday, April 8, episode 28 of Cyber Talk Radio hit the air on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming. I was joined by Ryan Orsinger, senior instructor at Codeup, to discuss Codeup’s training program and their approach to developing responsible programmers.
In the first half of the show, we kick off by having Ryan share his story on how he got to Codeup and the philosophy of their coding academy. As you will hear, there is a common theme in how Ryan got started in IT and the background of Codeup’s students. Since Codeup is an intense, four month program, Ryan explains how they best prepare students to think like a programmer.
In the second half of the show, we dive into the latest on the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10 and how Codeup helps train responsible software developers to sanitize their database inputs and avoid other security exploits. If you’ve spent any time in technology, you’ve probably run across xkcd. If you have, you probably know about “Exploits of a Mom,” more commonly referred to as Little Bobby Tables. Here’s a quick relevant highlight:
Also, check out episode 19 to hear a countdown of the OWASP Mobile Top 10 list with Grok Interactive.
If you missed the episode live, watch the replay here to learn more about Codeup!
Upcoming episode – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
- Episode 29, April 15: Voice and Unified Communications Security with SecureLogix
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream. Replays are available via the below podcast services:
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Cybersecurity Legislation with Congressman Will Hurd
- PCI Compliance with Ray Sims of Decypher Technologies
- Mobile App Development Security with Jason Straughan and Anton Domratchev of Grok Interactive
- Creating a “Culture of Security” with Dr. Greg White of University of Texas San Antonio
- Cybersecurity Trends for 2017 with Stephanie Ewing-Ottmers, cybersecurity evangelist at Delta Risk
- CyberPatriot Program at McNair Middle School with Mike Maldonado, CyberPatriot coach and technology facilitator at McNair Middle School
- Developing Youth Cyber Talent with Debi Pfitzenmaier, founder at Youth Code Jam
- CyberPatriot Program at Business Careers High School with Juan Guerrero, technology certification instructor
- Open Cloud Academy and its Cybersecurity Track with Deborah Carter and Johnny Carrera
- Attracting Cyber Businesses to Bexar County with Commissioner Calvert
- 2017 San Antonio Mayor’s Cyber Cup Luncheon hosted by CyberTexas Foundation
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.