Cyber Talk Radio: Industrial Cybersecurity Ecosystem
Industrial Cybersecurity Ecosystem - Week 39 of Cyber Talk Radio
This past Saturday, June 24, episode 39 of Cyber Talk Radio hit the air on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming. I was joined by Dan Gunter, senior threat hunter at Dragos, Inc., to discuss the importance of industrial control systems and some of the big security events in the industrial control community.
In the first half of the show, we kick off by getting a quick intro from Dan and his role at Dragos, Inc. In case you aren’t familiar, Dragos Inc. combines an on-premise platform, threat operations service and global threat intelligence, delivering Industrial Control System defense. You likely saw buzz in the news around CRASHOVERRIDE, the malware that affected the Ukraine power grid. The Dragos team performed the analysis and reverse engineering of CRASHOVERRIDE. With the increase of cyberattacks at this scale or affecting industrial control systems, it makes you wonder why the utility grids have added computer systems to open themselves up to cyber risks?
In the second half of the show, Dan and I dive into dissecting malware and how you go about reverse engineering the malware and code. Dan walks the us through the cyber kill chain process, which was developed to to help the decision-making process for better detecting and responding to adversary intrusions. If you are excited about cybersecurity, engineering, threat operations and intelligence, reach out to the team at Dragos as they are looking to hire. Learn more about Dragos, Inc. and how they are working to protect industrial control systems by watching the full episode replay here!
Upcoming episode – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
- Episode 40, July 1: STEM Education and the Geek Bus in San Antonio with Jake Lopez of SASTEMIC
- Episode 41, July 8: Social Interactive Travel Platform and Protecting Your Personal Information with CooMo Travel
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream. Replays are available via the below podcast services:
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Cybersecurity Legislation with Congressman Will Hurd
- Creating a “Culture of Security” with Dr. Greg White of University of Texas San Antonio
- Attracting Cyber Businesses to Bexar County with Commissioner Calvert
- Codeup’s Approach to Developing Responsible Programmers with Ryan Orsinger
- Career Matching for Military Cyber Jobs with Cyber Warrior Network
- Cyber Forensics and Threat Intelligence with Coherent Cyber
- U.S. Air Force Cyber Recruiting with TSgt. Dyamie Baker
- Veteran Entrepreneurship and the Value of Human Capital with Spectrum Information Security
- Ethics of Artificial Intelligence and Paying Ransoms to Hackers with Van Lindberg
- Future of Fingerprinting Technology with Mike Troy
- 24th Air Force Cyber Operations with Sherri Hanson
- Bunker Labs and Empowering Military Veterans as Leaders in Innovation with Johnathan Paul Wojtewicz
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.