Cyber Talk Radio: Cyber Risk Management
Cyber Risk Management - Week 44 of Cyber Talk Radio
This past Saturday, July 29, episode 44 of Cyber Talk Radio hit the air on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming. I was joined by Brad Morrison, CEO at Innove, to discuss cyber risk management and the accelerated need for cybersecurity.
In the first half of the show, we kick off by having Brad gives us a quick overview of his 20-year background in cyber risk management working in the Air Force, KPMG and the Department of Defense. Over the years, Brad has seen an accelerated need for security. Workforce development is key to training and growing cyber talent. We then go into cyber risk assessments and how to determine what to protect. What are the assessments and should small businesses do it? Cyber criminals are getting aggressive and creative. This is where a professional consultancy can help an organization understand all of the latest and greatest hacks. In the commercial market, it’s about business risk but with the government it’s different. In business, criminals want your money. In government, it’s more about data.
In the second half of the show, we dive into discussing the San Antonio Chamber Cyber Security Council as Brad is the Council Chair. San Antonio has strong cyber roots because of the Department of Defense and strong military presence. Through the Chamber and other community efforts, we talked through continuing to promote and encourage entrepreneurs to start cybersecurity businesses and work on economic development with organizations such as the Build Sec Foundry. Build Sec Foundry currently has four companies in the incubator but we need help from the community and the Economic Development Fund to get the word out about Cybersecurity in San Antonio! Goal is to hire local, grow local and invest local. What industries are affected by cybersecurity besides finance and healthcare? Every industry!
To learn more about Innove and how to get involved in the San Antonio cybersecurity community, listen to the full episode replay here!
Upcoming episode – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
- Episode 45, August 5: Cybersecurity Awareness and Training with Inspired eLearning
- Episode 46, August 12: Wordpress Security with WP Engine
- Episode 47, August 19: David’s Law - The Fight Against Cyberbullying
- Episode 48, August 26: Secure Data Exchange Platforms with * Globalscape
- Episode 49, September 2: Cybersecurity Center at St. Philip’s College
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream. Replays are available via the below podcast services:
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Cybersecurity Legislation with Congressman Will Hurd
- Creating a “Culture of Security” with Dr. Greg White of University of Texas San Antonio
- Codeup’s Approach to Developing Responsible Programmers with Ryan Orsinger
- Career Matching for Military Cyber Jobs with Cyber Warrior Network
- U.S. Air Force Cyber Recruiting with TSgt. Dyamie Baker
- Ethics of Artificial Intelligence and Paying Ransoms to Hackers with Van Lindberg
- 24th Air Force Cyber Operations with Sherri Hanson
- Bunker Labs and Empowering Military Veterans as Leaders in Innovation with Johnathan Paul Wojtewicz
- STEM Education and the Geek Bus in San Antonio with Jake Lopez at SASTEMIC
- Social Interactive Travel Platform and Protecting Your Personal Information
- Cybersecurity Program at Texas A&M University San Antonio
- Cybersecurity Master’s Program at St. Mary’s University
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.