Cyber Talk Radio: Secure Data Exchange Platforms
Secure Data Exchange Platforms with Globalscape - Week 48 of Cyber Talk Radio
In the first half of the show, we start by introducing Greg and his 12 years at Globalscape. Greg talked about Globalscape and its founding in 1996 to distribute and support CuteFTP. Since then they have been active in the San Antonio tech community on many different fronts. They have worked with local universities on talent development and student recruiting; entrepreneurial and economic development; and were founding members of Tech Bloc. Greg has seen it firsthand and has enjoyed how much San Antonio has evolved with organizations like Rackspace, USAA, UTSA and Joint Base San Antonio that have contributed to the evolution of our tech ecosystem. Globalscape has evolved to innovate in the secure movement and integration of data. If you were an early adopter of the internet, you may have used CuteFTP to transfer your files to publish a website. Today, their focus is on Managed File Transfer (MFT) and Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS). Today, enterprises are not just concerned with the secure transfer of their data, but also its integrity and timeliness in our climate of compliance regulations. Greg went into the details of their Integration as a Platform product called Kenetix. Because of how inexpensive computing and storage have become, in addition to increased access to more data than ever, they have built a platform to help integrate data for enterprise applications.
In the second half of the show, we go further into security and compliance within the context of big data. Particularly how enterprises are moving large data sets from business to business and distance is a limiting factor. They suggest UDP based protocols to leverage more of the available bandwidth. A key point is to remember that it’s about security in both the transfer and storage of the data. Two primary examples are with PCI compliance for credit card data and HIPAA compliance within the healthcare industry. As we routinely hear stories about companies, both large and small, getting hacked or ransomewared, it is crucial to keep security in mind.
To learn more about Globalscape and their take on secure data exchange, listen to the full episode replay available here!
Upcoming episode – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
Episode 49, September 2: Cybersecurity Center at St. Philip’s College
Episode 50, September 9: Cybersecurity Program at Our Lady of the Lake University
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream. Replays are available via the below podcast services:
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Cybersecurity Legislation with Congressman Will Hurd
- Creating a “Culture of Security” with Dr. Greg White of University of Texas San Antonio
- Codeup’s Approach to Developing Responsible Programmers with Ryan Orsinger
- Career Matching for Military Cyber Jobs with Cyber Warrior Network
- Ethics of Artificial Intelligence and Paying Ransoms to Hackers with Van Lindberg
- 24th Air Force Cyber Operations with Sherri Hanson
- Bunker Labs and Empowering Military Veterans as Leaders in Innovation with Johnathan Paul Wojtewicz
- STEM Education and the Geek Bus in San Antonio with Jake Lopez at SASTEMIC
- Cybersecurity Program at Texas A&M University San Antonio
- Cybersecurity Master’s Program at St. Mary’s University
- Cyber Risk Management with Innove
- Cyber Security Awareness and Training with Inspired eLearning
- How to Secure Wordpress with WP Engine
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.