Cyber Talk Radio: Mission Texas to Tel Aviv
Bret Piatt, CTR Host, Will Garrett, Cybersecurity San Antonio Executive Director, Hed Kovetz and Leonid Shtilman of Silverfort, discuss how the cybersecurity and tech ecosystem in Tel Aviv works. - Week 64 of Cyber Talk Radio
This past Saturday, December 16, episode 64 of Cyber Talk Radio hit the air on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming. I was joined by Will Garrett, Cybersecurity San Antonio Executive Director as well as Hed Kovetz, Silverfort CEO, and Leonid Shtilman, Silverfort Chairman,.
In the first half of the show, Will introduces us to Hed and Leonid and what brings them to visit San Antonio all the way from Tel Aviv. Hed dives into the mission of Silverfort and how they are working to commercialize a cybersecurity product to solve identity-based attacks problems and pain points. Most all data breaches are around stealing stolen credentials. What brought Cybersecurity San Antonio and Silverfort together? San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenburg led a trade mission to Tel Aviv. Will went on the trip to learn more about how the cybersecurity and tech ecosystem works and interacts in Tel Aviv. We also talk through the similarity of having a large military presence in both cities. Military service is mandatory in Israel which is very different from the U.S. From a veteran perspective, the transition from public to private sector is very different. How is the transition in Tel Aviv? Learn more from Hed and Leonid.
In the second half of the show, we discuss how the relationship between Tel Aviv/Jerusalem is similar to Austin/San Antonio. The goal is to build a bigger cyber community in Jerusalem much like the great work going on in downtown San Antonio and the growing tech scene. There is also a lot of work around tech and cybersecurity training in Tel Aviv with the local universities. We then go back to discussing Silverfort and its mission. Many businesses have systems that hold sensitive data and need authentication and security. With hackers getting more sophisticated with advanced persistent threats (APTs), it’s much easier to keep the door locked rather than letting the hacker in and trying to figure out what they stole. To learn more from the team at Silverfort and Cybersecurity San Antonio, listen to the full episode replay available here!
Upcoming episode – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
- Episode 65, December 23: Offense-based perspective to network defense with Level Effect
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream. Replays are available via the below podcast services:
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Public Sector Cybersecurity with Larry Romo
- Security in the Cloud with Assembla
- Innovation in Education with Palo Alto College
- Entrepreneurs and Education in San Antonio with Hitish Nathani from The Learning Company
- Technology is Going Places in San Antonio with Iris Gonzalez of the Rivard Report
- Job Training in San Antonio with SA Works
- Cybersecurity Legislation with Congressman Will Hurd
- Creating a “Culture of Security” with Dr. Greg White of University of Texas San Antonio
- Ethics of Artificial Intelligence and Paying Ransoms to Hackers with Van Lindberg
- 24th Air Force Cyber Operations with Sherri Hanson
- Cybersecurity Program at Texas A&M University San Antonio
- Cybersecurity Master’s Program at St. Mary’s University
- How to Secure Wordpress with WP Engine
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.