Cyber Talk Radio: Offense-based Perspective to Network Defense
Bret Piatt, CTR Host, and Level Effect Founders, Greg Ake and Rob Noeth, discuss an offense-based perspective to network defense. - Week 65 of Cyber Talk Radio
This past Saturday, December 23, episode 65 of Cyber Talk Radio hit the air on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming. I was joined by Greg Ake and Rob Noeth, Level Effect Founders.
In the first half of the show, Greg and Rob tell us about why they started Level Effect and their experience working in the U.S. Intelligence Community in various roles within the realm of Computer Network Operations (CNO), Network Defense, Forensics, and Intelligence Analysis. What is the Level Effect product? It’s a real-time security alarm. The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product helps people analyze security within a security operations center (SOC). One of the goals of the product is to enable security analysts to get to the root cause of a problem in a world full of script kitties, advanced persistent threats with sophisticated tools.
In the second half of the show, we dig into what businesses can you do to protect their data and customer information. Be sure to patch your software and make sure your computer is up-to-date? DO NOT RUN WINDOWS XP! Windows Defender now runs automatically on Windows machines. Who makes anti-virus software for Mac? What are the minimum requirements to make yourself secure? A few tips include using strong passwords and data encryption. We asked Greg and Rob about tech trends coming into 2018. Tune in to hear their thoughts for the upcoming year!
To learn more, listen to the full episode replay available here!
Upcoming episode – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
- Episode 66, December 30: Privacy-as-a-Service with Symmetry
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream. Replays are available via the below podcast services:
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Mission Texas to Tel Aviv with Cybersecurity San Antonio and Silverfort
- Public Sector Cybersecurity with Larry Romo
- Security in the Cloud with Assembla
- Innovation in Education with Palo Alto College
- Entrepreneurs and Education in San Antonio with Hitish Nathani from The Learning Company
- Technology is Going Places in San Antonio with Iris Gonzalez of the Rivard Report
- Job Training in San Antonio with SA Works
- Cybersecurity Legislation with Congressman Will Hurd
- Creating a “Culture of Security” with Dr. Greg White of University of Texas San Antonio
- Ethics of Artificial Intelligence and Paying Ransoms to Hackers with Van Lindberg
- 24th Air Force Cyber Operations with Sherri Hanson
- Cybersecurity Program at Texas A&M University San Antonio
- Cybersecurity Master’s Program at St. Mary’s University
- How to Secure Wordpress with WP Engine
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.