Cyber Talk Radio: Innovative Services in Support Of National Security
Bret Piatt, CTR Host, and Angel Crockett, Inflow CEO, discuss innovative services in support of national security. - Week 73 of Cyber Talk Radio
This past Saturday, February 17, episode 73 of Cyber Talk Radio hit the air on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming. I was joined by Angel Crocket, Inflow CEO, to discuss innovative services in support of national security.
We kick off the show by having Angel tell us more about Inflow, how she ended up in San Antonio, and working in the cyberspaceIt all started back when she and her business won a contract with the 24th Air Force about 7 years ago. What are the major challenges of cybersecurity and national security? Angel talks through trends in terrorism including weaponized Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), weapons analysis connecting the physical with the cyber components, leveling the playing field for cyber offense in cyber warfare Inflow’s primary customers are government agencies such a the Department of Defense.
In the second half of the show, Angel and I talk through some hypothetical stories that can get people thinking about where cyber is heading and how people can stay safe in the public and private sector at a national defense level. How is cyber tying into the different weapons being used and how they affect the military operations around the world? There are risks of UAVs getting hijacked, use cases and things that have actually happened. An example scenario would be cyber criminals creating heat maps with military fitness app data and the cartels using drones/UAVs as machine guns.This is scary hypothetical scenario on its own! We have the data wild west here in the U.S.! We also hit on the hot topic of GDPR in Europe, what can companies track and how it may affect U.S. businesses. What are some practical security tips? Angel gives a few of her own tips and recommends to think about what’s really important to defend. To learn more about Inflow NS, listen to the full episode replay here!**
Upcoming episode – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
- Episode 74, February 24: City of San Antonio Workforce and Economic Development with David Meadows
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream. Replays are available via the below podcast services:
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) with Van Lindberg
- Innovation in Education with CAST Tech
- San Antonio Economic Development Foundation
- Transit Innovation with VIA’s VP of Information Technology
- Offense-based perspective to network defense with Level Effect
- Mission Texas to Tel Aviv with Cybersecurity San Antonio and Silverfort
- Public Sector Cybersecurity with Larry Romo
- Security in the Cloud with Assembla
- Innovation in Education with Palo Alto College
- Job Training in San Antonio with SA Works
- Cybersecurity Legislation with Congressman Will Hurd
- Ethics of Artificial Intelligence and Paying Ransoms to Hackers with Van Lindberg
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.