Chatting with Jungle Disk Support
If you’ve chatted in with the Jungle Disk support team there’s a high chance you may have had a few chats with myself. Since I frequently help customers via chat, I’ve noticed a few things that some customers can better utilize to have their chat sessions with us flow in a smoother manner should you need to reach out to us for help.
- Visit the Jungle Disk support site: I highly recommend visiting our support site. There are a number of support articles available that can likely answer and assist with common issues and general questions. If you require more personalized assistance, chatting in through the support site is one of the avenues you can take to reach out to us directly.
- Know your admin e-mail: It's always helpful to have the admin email address ready so that we can easily pull up your account and assist with looking into all necessary account details. Usually, a customer will chat in with an email address entered but there are times when a different admin email address is used. Having the admin email address in mind can accelerate the start of the troubleshooting process.
- Errors and warnings: If a customer is experiencing an error the first question I’ll usually ask is if there are any errors present in the “Errors & Warnings” area of the software window. If present, I’ll usually then ask to have them double click the error, expand the details and then copy/paste these details into the chat window. This can really help narrow down the issue at hand and therefore resolve the issue much more quickly. If you’re unsure how to bring up the software window you can usually bring it up from your system tray or Start menu in Windows or via Finder or a Spotlight Search with Ctrl + Spacebar for Mac OS X.
- Screenshots: Another tool that you can utilize are screenshots. Windows and Macs have different ways of doing this inherently although you can also utilize another program if you prefer. Sometimes error messages aren’t enough to determine the issue at hand and screenshots can help us immediately determine what may be causing an issue you’re experiencing. Keep in mind the screenshot would need to be attached in a media format such as .png or .jpg.
- Phone support and screen sharing: While chatting can be a very convenient support option, if you’re not able to get on the phone, please do keep in mind that you can always give us a call on our support line, 1-888-573-8649 . We can even set up a screen sharing session to view your screen in real-time to assist with an issue or provide a more personalized virtual walkthrough for configuring anything in our software.
Please reach out to us if we can ever help solve an issue or answer a question. We look forward to helping you and your business!