A Roundup of Jungle Disk's Online Best Practices
If you didn't already know, it’s National Cybersecurity Awareness Month! We’ve pulled together some of our most practical cybersecurity tips and best practices from this past year that you can apply in your daily lives — both at home or work!
- How and why to be careful what you share on social media — don’t risk being the victim of a social engineering attack.
- Cover all your business’s vulnerabilities with employee cybersecurity awareness training.
- Check your network for security holes that have easy fixes.
- Asses your password strength — if they’re not up to the task, it’s time to change them.
- Safeguard your business’s bank accounts and transactions.
- Take precautions against phishing — an increasingly sophisticated and successful vector of attack.
- Have a ransomware strategy in place — it’s always better to be prepared.
- Keep up with all software updates! It’s too easy not to do.
- Implement two factor authentication for your important logins to keep the bad guys out.
For more cybersecurity tips and information about National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, visit the National Cyber Security Awareness website.