Social Media Security - Cyber Talk Radio Episode 2
Social Media Security - Week 2 of Cyber Talk Radio
This past Saturday, October 1st, the second episode of Cyber Talk Radio hit the airwaves on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming. Show archives are available on the Cyber Talk Radio website or directly on the Cyber Talk Radio YouTube Channel
To open the discussion we covered social networking for use in business.
Top 3 Social Networking Security Tips
- Use strong unique passwords on each social network and where possible enable multi-factor authentication.
- Do a regular audit of your 3rd party apps and only keep the ones you’re actively using. Meltwater recommends 7 easy steps for a full Social Media Spring Cleaning
- Use a URL expander on links you’re unsure about and report malware links to the social networking platforms using their reporting services – Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
October - National Cyber Security Awareness Month
I’ll mention this here because it came up on the show and it is an important for everyone. More frequently hackers are using social engineering techniques to compromise systems. Security awareness training is now something everyone should spend some time on – to keep yourself as an individual and your company safe while online. The awareness month is backed by the National Cyber Security Alliance who’s mission statement is, “To educate and empower our global digital society to use the Internet safely and securely.”
To learn more about National Cyber Security Awareness Month visit StaySafeOnline.org.
Recent Episodes – Available to stream from our YouTube channel
- September 24th, 2016: Machine learning security with Charlie Rentschler
- October 1st, 2016: Social Media Security with Matt Wilbanks, CEO of HelpSocial
Upcoming Episodes – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight
- October 8th, 2016: Malware hunting with Chris Gerritz, CEO of Infocyte
- October 15th, 2016: National Cyber Security Awareness Month & Hot Topics with John Engates, CTO of Rackspace
- Application security with John Dickson and Dan Cornell, Principals of Denim Group
- Authentication security with Paul Querna, CTO of ScaleFT
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our Request a Topic form.
About Cyber Talk Radio
Cyber Talk Radio is a 1200 WOAI radio show that airs every Saturday at 11:00 p.m. The weekly show hosted by Bret Piatt, CEO at Jungle Disk, will feature guest speakers to discuss cloud computing, cybersecurity and Internet trends facing businesses in industries such as healthcare, financial services, legal and real estate. As a major Cyber City in the U.S. and home to over 80 information security companies, San Antonio is an ideal city to host Cyber Talk Radio and educate local businesses and listeners. To learn more about Cyber Talk Radio, request a topic or submit to be a guest speaker, visit http://www.cybertalkradio.com/.