Cyber Talk Radio: Cyber Workforce and Economic Development
Cyber Workforce and Economic Development in San Antonio - Week 13 of Cyber Talk Radio
Our guest this week was Joe Sanchez, executive director at CyberTexas Foundation.
This past Saturday, December 17, the 13th episode of Cyber Talk Radio hit the air on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming. Joe joined the show to discuss the CyberTexas Foundation and what they are doing to help cyber workforce and economic development in San Antonio.
In the first half of the show, Joe discusses his background in cybersecurity and role as executive director at the CyberTexas Foundation. The Foundation works closely with local school districts and universities to help develop cybersecurity curriculum and programs to bring students into the cyber industry. The Foundation is always looking for teachers to help buildout new education programs such as CyberStar for middle school students to increase the talent pipeline. Contact the CyberTexas Foundation to see how you can get involved!
In the second half of the show, we discuss what the CyberTexas Foundation is doing to help the future of cybersecurity awareness and education. To help with awareness locally, the Foundation puts on the CyberTexas Summit once a year to gather attendees such as the military, city officials, students and businesses in the cybersecurity space. Did you know that there is a shortage of information security professionals in the U.S.? In San Antonio, we are short approximately 1,000-2,000 cybersecurity professionals. There is just not enough cybersecurity talent out there. In an ever increasing digital world, cybersecurity awareness and talent is critical for the future! Watch the replay to learn more and hear how you can help play a part in growing the cybersecurity community in San Antonio!
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream. Replays are available via the below podcast services:
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Application Security aka AppSec with John Dickson and Dan Cornell at Denim Group
- Security is a Team Sport with Omar Quimbaya at Def Logix
- Incident Management and Response with Robert Autenrieth at J. Nels Consulting, LLC
- San Antonio, Cyber City USA with Jim Perschbach at Port San Antonio
- Accelerating Cybersecurity Innovation in San Antonio with Will Garrett at Build Sec Foundry
Upcoming episode – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
- Episode 14, December 24, 2016: Securing Cloud Data Services with Kenny Gorman at eventador.io
- Episode 15, December 31, 2016: Investigating Cyber Crimes with Ed Shaw, former FBI Agent and CIPP
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.