Cyber Talk Radio: Using a Social Interactive Travel Platform
Social Interactive Travel Platform and Protecting Your Personal Information - Week 41 of Cyber Talk Radio
This past Saturday, July 8, episode 41 of Cyber Talk Radio hit the air on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming. I was joined by Tyler Moyer, founder at CooMo Travel, to discuss lessons learned creating a social interactive travel platform and security best practices to think about when using a travel website.
In the first half of the show, we kick off by having Tyler gives us background on CooMo Travel and how he started the company in 2012. The idea started with Tyler’s dream of an epic trip to all seven continents in seven months! CooMo Travel should launch July/August timeframe. Through creating CooMo Travel, Tyler hopes to change travel through its social interactive travel platform where users can create a detailed trip itinerary for any occasion with the ability for other users to provide recommendations and suggestions based off their own personal experiences. Learn some of the tips and lessons learned that Tyler has gone through to get the startup built. He has also been a part of Bunker Labs Austin, if you have heard of the organization check out one of our past episodes with executive director, Johnathan Paul Wojtewicz.
In the second half of the show, we dive into tips on how you can keep your own personal information safe online especially when using travel planning and booking websites. What could a hacker do with your information? When using sites like CooMo Travel, there is a give and take scenario with how much information you give in terms of your travel plans to help give you more accurate and useful travel recommendations. Tyler believes it is the ideal time to launch his travel platform as people are more frequently using social media apps like Facebook, Tinder, Bumble and more to meet people, share location, make recommendations, etc. If you are interested in learning more about CooMo Travel, go to https://www.coomotravel.com/ to sign up for the newsletter. Watch the full episode replay here!
Upcoming episode – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
Episode 42, July 15: Cybersecurity Program at Texas A&M University SA Episode 43, July 22: Cybersecurity Graduate Program at St. Mary’s University
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream. Replays are available via the below podcast services:
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Cybersecurity Legislation with Congressman Will Hurd
- Creating a “Culture of Security” with Dr. Greg White of University of Texas San Antonio
- Attracting Cyber Businesses to Bexar County with Commissioner Calvert
- Codeup’s Approach to Developing Responsible Programmers with Ryan Orsinger
- Career Matching for Military Cyber Jobs with Cyber Warrior Network
- Cyber Forensics and Threat Intelligence with Coherent Cyber
- U.S. Air Force Cyber Recruiting with TSgt. Dyamie Baker
- Veteran Entrepreneurship and the Value of Human Capital with Spectrum Information Security
- Ethics of Artificial Intelligence and Paying Ransoms to Hackers with Van Lindberg
- Future of Fingerprinting Technology with Mike Troy
- 24th Air Force Cyber Operations with Sherri Hanson
- Bunker Labs and Empowering Military Veterans as Leaders in Innovation with Johnathan Paul Wojtewicz
- STEM Education and the Geek Bus in San Antonio with Jake Lopez at SASTEMIC
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.