GDPR Compliance: Is Your Business Ready for GDPR?
What is GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) enforcement date is May 25, 2018 - at which time those organizations in non-compliance will face heavy fines. This brings up the question, are you familiar with GDPR? For a full download on the regulation go here. There is even a countdown! According to EUGDPR, the aim of GDPR is to protect all EU citizens from privacy and data breaches in an increasingly data-driven world that is vastly different from the time in which the 1995 directive was established. Although the key principles of data privacy still hold true, to the previous directive, many changes have been proposed to the regulatory policies; the key points of the GDPR as well as information on the impacts it will have on business can be found below. There are some things that may sound familiar or you are already implementing, however, there are some changes being made.
My colleague, Beth Watts, and I did a quick video where we talk about GDPR and some things to consider and how Jungle Disk can help. Watch the video and reach out with any questions!
- Provide encrypted disks to store data on
- Can set your retention periods to whatever you want, so certain folders can be deleted at your preference
- Controls within the client to make it cost effective, while storing data securely
Network Threat Protection will help prevent data breaches
- Cloud-enabled firewall, where policies are updated and pushed from the cloud down to your network
- Secure VPN tunnel
- Reporting of breach attempts
- Provides a searchable record of any interactions anyone has had within your mailboxes
- Uses WORM technology (Write once, read many), so holds up in litigation
- Can be exported in electronic versions