Cyber Talk Radio: Agile Cyber Defense
Bret Piatt, CTR Host, and Jeff Jaime, Taurean - Week 78 of Cyber Talk Radio
This past Saturday, March 24, episode 78 of Cyber Talk Radio hit the air on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming. I was joined by Jeff Jaime to discuss agile cyber defense.
We kick off the show by getting to know Jeff and his background serving 23 years in the Air Force and computer security. Jeff founded Taurean in 2008 and created their first office in the Geekdom space at the Weston Center downtown San Antonio. talking with Jeff about how he came up with the idea to start Taurean, then got us on the subject of what it is like transitioning out of the military to start your own business. How did he start a successful business with a great company culture? Jeff references the book, “The Dream Manager.” The book is about how companies can achieve results by helping their employees fulfill their dreams. It’s important for leaders to ask their employees, “where do you want to go in your career?” We then close out the first half with getting a peek into the naming of Taurean and how the company got its name.
In the second half of the show, I asked Jeff to explain what agile cyber defense is and what types of public and private sector customers they serve. This connects back to what we spoke to Congressman Hurd about in his past episode around working to modernize the military procurement process. This is changing the way organizations like the Department of Defense are consuming and evolving cybersecurity defense platforms. For those looking to learn more and get into cybersecurity on the public sector side, we had Dyamie Baker on a past episode discussing Air Force cyber recruiting programs and opportunities serving the government. Jeff gives his recommendations around what people should learn and study to get involved in the cybersecurity world. Taurean’s services focus on program management, software engineering, systems integration, systems/network engineering, risk management framework and cyber intelligence.
To learn more about Taurean and recommendations around getting involved in the cybersecurity industry, listen to the full episode replay available here!**
Upcoming episode – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
- Episode 79, April 1: Kids Learning to Code in San Antonio with Debi Pfitzenmaier of Youth Code Jam
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream. Replays are available via the below podcast services:
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Trinity University’s Students + Startups Program with Luis Martinez
- Tech Talent South with Brian Garcia
- General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) with Van Lindberg
- Innovation in Education with CAST Tech
- San Antonio Economic Development Foundation
- Transit Innovation with VIA’s VP of Information Technology
- Offense-based perspective to network defense with Level Effect
- Mission Texas to Tel Aviv with Cybersecurity San Antonio and Silverfort
- Innovation in Education with Palo Alto College
- Job Training in San Antonio with SA Works
- Cybersecurity Legislation with Congressman Will Hurd
- Ethics of Artificial Intelligence and Paying Ransoms to Hackers with Van Lindberg
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.