Cyber Talk Radio: Password Management
Bret Piatt, CTR Host, and Brian Sierakowski, TeamPassword CEO - Week 80 of Cyber Talk Radio
This past Saturday, April 7, episode 80 of Cyber Talk Radio hit the air on 1200 WOAI and iHeartRadio streaming. I was joined by Brian Sierakowski, TeamPassword CEO,](https://www.teampassword.com/) to discuss password management.
As you likely might have heard, Jungle Disk made an exciting announcement in early March about the acquisition of Baltimore-based TeamPassword. It was a pleasure to have Brian, the founder of TeamPassword, on the show to tell us more about his background, how he came up with the business idea and why he developed a password tool. Doesn’t everyone use the standard ‘password123’ as their go-to password? Is it okay to use the same password for every account if it’s complex and long? Brian helps answer these important questions. The magic of a password is that it’s a secret that only you know. Brian first got interested in passwords as a 14 year-old boy. He reversed engineered the reason why he had one password and determined the need for a password management tool like TeamPassword. Businesses can actually find a lot of value in using a password manager for sharing account logins for different clients or services. Brian shares a customer example of a company that signed up for TeamPassword and used it to re-generate all new passwords for their logins. It was probable that something unfortunate happened to the business and their passwords were likely stored in a spreadsheet that got out into the wild.
In the second half of the show, we dig deeper into password management and how businesses typically do not taking it seriously until they have had an unfortunate incident occur. Brian shares several password management tips for businesses to follow especially specific to multiple teams and clients. This is a major productivity and collaboration benefit for marketing and public relations agencies working with many different client account logins. Did you know the average team has 147 passwords to manage? Thats a lot to memorize if you aren’t using a tool like TeamPassword. A recent Verizon Data Breach Investigations report found that 81 percent of hacking-related breaches take place because of stolen or weak passwords. Don’t fall into this percentage! Listen to the episode replay to learn more about secure password management and TeamPassword here!**
Upcoming episode – Saturday nights from 11:00 p.m. to Midnight -
- Episode 81, April 15: Effective Cybersecurity Training with Andy Pilato of CNF Technologies
Listen to a replay of this episode or past episodes on a Cyber Talk Radio Podcast stream. Replays are available via the below podcast services:
Recent episodes – available to stream from our YouTube channel -
- Kids Learning to Code with Youth Code Jam Founder
- Trinity University’s Students + Startups Program with Luis Martinez
- Tech Talent South with Brian Garcia
- General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) with Van Lindberg
- Innovation in Education with CAST Tech
- San Antonio Economic Development Foundation
- Transit Innovation with VIA’s VP of Information Technology
- Offense-based perspective to network defense with Level Effect
- Mission Texas to Tel Aviv with Cybersecurity San Antonio and Silverfort
- Innovation in Education with Palo Alto College
- Job Training in San Antonio with SA Works
- Cybersecurity Legislation with Congressman Will Hurd
- Ethics of Artificial Intelligence and Paying Ransoms to Hackers with Van Lindberg
Have an idea for a topic or want to be a guest?
Contact Cyber Talk Radio via our request a topic or be a guest form.