Cyber Defense Plans Made Simple
Putting together a cyber defense plan
Are you a small business that finds the whole cybersecurity discussion just a little bit confusing? It doesn’t have to be. Most small business owners and managers haven’t had extensive cyber training, and while we all have enough knowledge to be a little dangerous, it’s to your benefit to seek out the help of experts that can put you in the best position to secure your business. With that said, how do you know if you are getting the most out of your cybersecurity strategy? These four areas will have you up to speed in no time. Let’s get started.
Understanding the risks
Before you can put together a plan, you have to understand the threats to your business. From ransomware and malware to data theft and banking breaches, there are many forms of cybercrime that can harm your company and your customers. Resources from the FBI and the Better Business Bureau can help bring you up to speed on what your company may be vulnerable to and what you should be doing to address the gaps.
Organizations like Cybersecurity Ventures assemble statistics on cybercrime. You should understand the impact these events are having at a large scale so you can familiarize yourself on what is happening and gather your thoughts on how these incidents will ultimately affect you. Here are a few key stats:
- In 2017, a business was affected by ransomware every 40 seconds.
- Business email compromise scams have cost companies over three billion dollars since 2015.
- Surveys have indicated that two out of every three people have been subject to a tech support scam.
- Over one million phishing websites are created every month with intent to spoof real companies.
- Indications are that cybercrime will cost the world six trillion dollars annually by 2021.
Where to turn
Jungle Disk has been helping companies with their cyber strategy and data backups for more than a decade. With over twenty-five thousand customers and growing, Jungle Disk provides comprehensive solutions to backup data, secure passwords and prevent hackers. With endorsements from PC Magazine and Structure Research, Jungle Disk has assembled a suite of products to help safeguard the major digital areas of your business including preserving your data, protecting your network and securing your email correspondence both internally and externally.
Services that can help
At Jungle Disk, there are several products that form our cybersecurity suite. Here are the main ones that you should be looking at.
- Encrypted cloud storage: Secure cloud storage designed to keep critical business data confidential.
- Data backup for workstations and servers: Automated, offsite cloud backup to keep your business data safe.
- Email archiving: Powerful, cloud-operated email archiving service for Office 365 and Google G Suite.
- Password management: Access and manage secure passwords from the web, on your desktop, laptop and mobile devices.
- Active network protection: Comprehensive network security to keep hackers out.
By working on the foundational principles here you can get yourself the protection you need and the value you deserve. Have questions or would like to learn more about how Jungle Disk can help to strengthen your security approach? Reach out to one of our experts by phone at 1-(888)-601-0401 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.