Importance of Making Bill Payments On-Time
Almost everyone at some point has missed making a payment on time for whatever reason. Maybe out of habit you pay your bills but never on time, forgot, didn’t have the money, thought the bill was already paid by your parents or partner to name a few. I know I have over the years and there can be some repercussions from it, like not being approved for a loan or having to get a co-signer.
As with everything in life, we learn from our mistakes and not paying our bills on time might be one of them, but it's never too late to start over. There are many reasons and benefits as to why you should pay your bills on time. Below are some of them:
- Improve your credit score, which may also increase your credit limit and reduce interest rates
- To not pay late payment fees or interest
- To not be sent to a debt collector or law firm Keep you and/or your customers from having any disruption in service (here’s a closer look at how this works at Jungle Disk)
- To not pay reconnection fees
- To not have a foreclosure or repossession
- To not incur more debt because of forgetting or ignoring your debt
I bring this up for a few reasons. In collecting on accounts for Jungle Disk some of the reasons for a past due account vary, but most importantly, we do not want you to have any disruption in your service. Some of the reasons I have come across are:
- You may have opted out of receiving email notifications from “@jungledisk.com” domain and do not know that your account is delinquent
- Your credit card may have expired
- Your credit card may have been compromised and canceled
To receive payment notifications, please do not opt out of receiving emails from Jungle Disk.
How to Keep Your Payment Information Updated
You can update your credit card information and pay in the Jungle Disk control panel. After you have logged in to your account, select the “Update Billing Info” icon and then re-enter credit card and billing information for the currently active card you wish for us to charge. Once you do so, we will attempt to charge the payment and you will receive an email notifying you of your results. If the payment still fails, reach out to us on the phone at 1-888-571-8963 or via live chat Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST, so that we can help you resolve the issue. We want to make sure your backups are running to ensure you always have a safe, second copy of your data. Please make sure your account information stays up to date!